Difficult decision Ray. You risk losing a good early price as money potentially comes in for something that’s overpriced. When I’m playing for a fiver on your selections I often put £2 on at the price you suggest and then put the other £3 at a premium of about 50%. If it’s not matched I’ll generally set it to cancel; if I’m on the exchanges in the run-up to the race I’ll make a decision whether to keep at £2 (or nothing if completely unmatched) or increase to the full £5.

4 weeks' free access to Geegeez Gold