I’m drawn to Upswing at Leicester, but there’s been no market confidence.
The case is based on:
1. Form on soft and heavy ground (two wins from five on heavy)
2. Big drop in class, from Grade 3 to Class 3 (won in Class 2 three runs ago)
3. Immediate move to handicap chase from hurdling, i.e. skipping novice/beginner chases
4. Has won after a 60+ day break, so 67 days off is no issue
5. Defeats this term could have been due to ground too quick at Aintree, and class too good at Haydock (or didn’t handle the track – plenty don’t)
Like I say, the lack of support is a worry, and he might not be the horse he was. So I’m keeping an eye on the market for now.
If he sees reasonable support, I’ll be having a bet.