Addeybb remains set to take his chance in the rescheduled Ranvet Stakes at Rosehill in Sydney on Saturday, after the meeting planned for last weekend was postponed due to a waterlogged course.
Trainer William Haggas reports the seven-year-old to be in good shape as he bids to repeat his victory from 12 months ago in the 10-furlong Group One.
Speaking from Newmarket on Monday, Haggas said: “He’s fine, but the weather is pretty ropey still. It was still raining up until last night their time.
“Hopefully it will be dry from now, but it’s pretty wet.
“They’re all going again next weekend, so the entries were this morning. There were a few more in the races and the declarations are Wednesday morning.”
Like in 2020, Addeybb will be ridden by his regular partner Tom Marquand.
Victory in the Rosehill feature was the springboard to a brilliant 2020 for the former Lincoln Handicap winner, as he went to land another Grade One in Australia before finishing second in the Prince of Wales’s Stakes at Royal Ascot and claiming Champion Stakes glory.
Other Recent Posts by This Author:
- Aintree hero Rachael Blackmore on the mark at Fairyhouse
- Harry Skelton seizes jockeys’ title lead with Southwell treble
- De Bromhead reflects on ‘crazy few weeks’ following run of big-race victories
- Highland Avenue stars for Charlie Appleby in Feilden Stakes
- Mutasaabeq advertises Classic potential with Newmarket strike