Sunday’s National Hunt meeting at Bangor has been abandoned due to a waterlogged track.
The going was already heavy at the Welsh venue following substantial rain throughout the week.
Further rain overnight caused the nearby river Dee to burst its banks, flooding the track and leaving course officials with no option but to call the meeting off.
A statement on www.bangorondeeraces.co.uk read: “Unfortunately due to recent rainfall and rising river levels resulting in waterlogging of the track, racing has been abandoned.”
The next meeting is scheduled for January 14.
Other Recent Posts by This Author:
- Mishriff poised for eagerly-awaited rematch with Adayar
- Oisin Murphy on verge of third jockeys’ championship after Haydock double
- Baaeed bidding to prove his worth in clash of the miling titans
- King wary of swift returns as Trueshan and Stradivarius clash again
- ‘Frankie factor’ has bookmakers on red alert at Ascot