Just a short post today, dear reader, as I am - believe it or not - taking an afternoon off! (Shock, horror).
I wanted to tell you that exactly half of the 50 spots have been taken, with a further three having stated they will be paying directly to my bank. I'm really pleased that people have 'put their money where their mouth is', because when one embarks on a project like this, it's always the case that more people say they're interested than demonstrate that interest.
Anyway, like I say, we're dead on halfway, so if you'd like to join us (and we're a cosmopolitan bunch, I can tell you), then please make it a priority to sort this. Remember, you pay Â£500 plus VAT (Â£575) once, and for the rest of the year, you'll get all of the benefits of Geegeez Racing Club membership, including:
- 2% share in the horse we secure at the sales, including prize money and revenues generated from sale (the intention at this stage is put the horse back â€˜through the ringâ€™ at next Julyâ€™s sale.)
- A monthly bulletin containing news from the stable on our club horse, plus any other horses to look out for.
- A ticket to attend the race course when our club horse runs, including access to the Owners and Trainers areas (note, partners / friends can probably be accommodated for a small additional charge, though this does depend on the race track in question).
- The opportunity to attend a stable open day. Iâ€™m currently planning one for mid-August, which will hopefully include an afternoonâ€™s racing at Newmarket.
- Complimentary access to certain Geegeez / Summum Bonum publications during the year of share ownership.
I'm not doing this to make any money, and I'm including some fruits of my labour, so you're getting real racehorse ownership at LESS than cost.
Like I mentioned previously, my potential return is that people will see our horse running in the Geegeez colours and in the name of geegeez.co.uk, and hopefully our little online community's numbers will swell a little as a result. If that happens, it would be great. We might even be able to get two horses next year!
This is what I'm planning to do. I'm going to offer the remaining 25 (or 22 when the bank transfers clear) shares to people who can make the one off payment. I'll hold the doors until the weekend for that.
Then, if there are any spaces left, I will offer a three-pay option, whereby you can pay Â£200 (+ VAT) a month for three months. You'll enjoy all the same benefits of ownership but at a slightly higher cost, due to my slighter greater exposure to default. Remember, if you don't finish the payments, somebody has to come up with the shortfall... and guess who that will be!
That's enough from me I think... I'd really love to get all 50 shares sold, so that we can crack on with what is going to be a really exciting idea. Oh, by the way, one of the horses we've got an eye is running today. And, NO, I'm not going to tell you which one. But it is from a top stable and, for the sake of its sale price, I hope it runs with promise and no better... 😉
Click the button below to secure your share now (via PayPal), or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need my bank details in order to transfer the funds by that route.
Please note, as I am out for the rest of today, it may be tomorrow before I acknowledge receipt. Accept my apologies for this in advance.