Saturday's Result :
3.20 Doncaster : Virgilio @ 5/1 BOG PU at 5/1 Held up towards rear, pushed along before 11th, soon weakened, tailed off and pulled up before 12th
Next up is Monday's...
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I'll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day's race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can't give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Carp Kid @ 5/1 BOG
A Class 5, 2yo Claimer over 9.5f on Tapeta worth £3,396 to the winner...
And a 2yr old Colt trained by Jamie Osborne, whose Class 4/5 runners here at Wolverhampton are 46/244 (18.9% SR) for 84.4pts (+34.6% ROI) profit, in respect of today's contest, those 244 runners are...
- at Class 5 : 38/198 (19.2%) for 45.4pts (+22.9%)
- 6-30 days since last run : 38/157 (24.2%) for 103.8pts (+66.1%)
- unplaced LTO : 28/123 (22.8%) for 124.8pts (+101.5%)
- at odds of 7/2 to 11/1 : 27/102 (26.5%) for 104.5pts (+102.5%)
- 2 yr olds are 14/83 (16.9%) for 25.1pts (+30.2%)
- this year : 11/47 (23.4%) for 22.4pts (+47.6%)
- over this 9.5f trip : 10/31 (32.3%) for 11pts (+35.5%)
- in Claimers : 6/20 (30%$) for 4.4pts (+22%)
- and those ridden by Dougie Costello are 3/18 (16.7%) for 10.2pts (+56.8%)
He's also by the sire Lope de Vega, whose offspring are 41/186 (22% SR) for 193.8pts (+104.2%) on the All-Weather over the last two years, including...
- males @ 35/158 (22.2%) for 143.6pts (+90.9%)
- on Tapeta : 21/66 (31.8%) for 63.3pts (+96%)
- at Class 5 : 16/61 (26.2%) for 31.6pts (+51.8%)
- and 2 yr olds are 8/47 (17%) for 21.9pts (+46.6%)
...giving us... a 1pt win bet on Carp Kid @ 5/1 BOG which was offered by Bet365 & SkyBet at 5.30pm on Sunday with the same (but non-BOG) also available from Betfred/Totesport. And to see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply...
Don't forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that's unclear, please ask!