Saturday's Result :
1.55 Sandown : Serengeti Sky @ 11/4 BOG 3rd at 15/8 (Tracked leader, led over 1f out, soon ridden, headed entering final furlong, 3rd and one pace inside final furlong)
Monday's pick goes in the...
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I'll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day's race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can't give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Indus Valley at 9/2 BOG
This 9 yr old won a similar seller over course and distance under today's jockey, Kieren Fox, two starts ago, but Silvestre de Sousa was unable to get him to "double up" when collared very late on over an extra furlong last time out, going down by just a short head 18 days ago.
The winner Monsieur Valentine goes in the 5.00 race here today.
Kieren Fox is now back in the saddle, as the horse drops back to 6f, looking for a second C&D success to further improve his Brighton record which currently reads 1712.
He's trained by Lee Carter, whose Flat handicappers priced at 3/1 to 10/1 have won 13 of their 73 (17.8% SR) contests recording level stakes profits of 28.2pts (+38.6% ROI) along the way, with the following of note today...
- at trips of 6f to 1m : 13/52 (25%) for 49.2pts (+94.6%)
- those running after a break of less than three weeks : 10/41 (24.4%) for 37.05pts (+90.4%)
- on Good ground : 5/26 (19.2%) for 10.07pts (+38.7%)
- at Class 6 : 4/26 (15.4%) for 8.3pts (+31.9%)
- here at Brighton : 6/20 (30%) for 23.17pts (+115.9%)
- ridden by Kieren Fox : 3/10 (30%) for 25.84pts (+258.4%)
and...those racing over 6f to 1m after less then three weeks off the track are 10/28 (35.7%) for 50.05pts (+178.7%)
In addition to the above, since the start of 2009, top weighted males rated (OR) 55 to 85 running in a Flat seller with a previous course and distance win to their name are 26/82 (31.9% SR) for 36pts (+43.9% ROI) profit and of those 82 runners...
- those racing at Class 6 are 23/68 (33.8%) for 27.6pts (+40.6%)
- those rated 55-72 : 19/61 (31.2%) for 39.7pts (+65.1%)
- those last seen 16-45 days ago are 13/33 (39.4%) for 28.6pts (+86.7%)
- those with a top 2 finish LTO are 11/27 (40.7%) for 14.11pts (+52.3%)
- 9-10 yr olds are 9/22 (40.9%) for 21.3pts (+96.7%)
- and here at Brighton, they are 6 from 8 (75%) for 10.07pts at an ROI of 125.8%
and finally for today... Class 6 runners rated 55-72 running 16-45 dlsr = 9/21 (42.9% SR) for 28.9pts (+137.6% ROI) with a 2 from 3 record here at Brighton for 3.77pts profit (1 from 1 over 6f!)
...giving us... a 1pt win bet on Indus Valley at 9/2 BOG, which was available at Bet365, BetVictor and Betway at 2.10am (don't ask!), but to see your preferred bookies' odds, simply...
Don't forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS