Saturday's Result :
3.15 Musselburgh : Delusionofgrandeur @ 5/1 BOG 5th at 8/1 Prominent early, tracked leaders, hit 20th, weakened before 4 out...
We continue with Monday's...
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I'll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day's race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can't give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Temasek Star @ 3/1 BOG
A Class 6 handicap over two miles on the all-weather at Wolverhampton...
Temasek Star was dropped back down to a mile and a half last time out and appeared to be outpaced. Prior to that, he was a good winner over 15 furlongs, therefore, the step back up in trip is a positive for me.
The following stats are applicable to today.
- Temasek Star is 1/1 (100%) here at Wolverhampton for 1.75pts
- in this Class he is 1/2 (50%) for 0.75pts
- trainer Anthony McCann over the last 14 days is 1/5 (20%) for 8pts
- here at Wolverhampton over the past year he is 2/6 (33.33%) for 7.75pts
- in handicaps, he's 14/160 (8.75%) for 6.63pts
- on the all-weather tracks, he is 11/94 (11.7%) for 42.63pts
- jockey Conor McGovern over the past 14 days is 2/4 (50%) for 4.25pts
- Temasek Star's sire, Soviet Star, with flat staying runners is 4/23 (17.39%) for 2.25 pts
...giving us...a 1pt win bet on Temasek Star@ 3/1 BOG which was available from five different firms at 19:05 on Friday. To see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply...
Don't forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that's unclear, please ask!