Saturday's pick was...
2.10 Chelmsford : Intuitive @ 3/1 BOG WON at 10/3 (Mid-division, headway and switched right over 1f out, led inside final furlong, ran on well to win by 2.5 lengths)
Monday's pick runs in the...
7.30 Kempton :
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I'll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day's race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can't give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Celtic Classic @ 10/3 BOG
...in a 14-runner, Class 6, A/W handicap for 3yo over 1m4f on Polytrack worth £3,105 to the winner...
Since the application of blinkers four starts ago, this 3 yr old gelding has enjoyed an upturn in form (and who doesn't want one of those?), finishing 1432 in those races and only beaten by a length over this trip last time when finishing strongly in what looks a stronger contest than today.
That was his first crack at today's trip, but he has already won at this grade over 1m3.5f, so I'd expect another bold effort today.
His jockey today is Rossa Ryan, who comes here in good touch with 9 winners from 46 (19.6% SR) generating 61.8pts (+134.3% ROI) over the last fortnight, including a nice 8/1 winner yesterday (Sunday) at Ffos Las and when riding for today's trainer (Paul Cole) over the last two seasons, Mr Ryan has 7 winners from 29 (24.1% SR) for 36.3pts (+125.2% ROI) profit, including...
- 6/24 (25%) for 37pts (+154%) in handicaps
- 6/19 (31.6%) for 20.8pts (+109.6%) at odds of 8/1 and shorter
- 5/14 (35.7%) for 36pts (+257.1%) at Class 5/6
- 5/12 (41.7%) for 36.8pts (+306.8%) on 3 yr olds
- 4/11 (36.4%) for 32.6pts (+296.6%) over trips of 10 to 12 furlongs
- 2/4 (50%) for 8.6pts (+215%) at Class 6
- and 1/2 (50%) for 1.54pts (+77%) over this 1m4f trip
...whilst Rossa + Cole + 3yos + C5/6 hcps @ 8/1 max = 3/4 (75% SR) for 15pts (+375% ROI) with 2 winners from 3 at Class 6.
There's a good chance of our pick going off as favourite today, but whilst it's foolish to blindly back favourites, over 30% of them do win, so it's just a case (as ever) of backing the right ones! With that in mind, you could do a lot worse than backing the ones with Rossa Ryan on their backs, as his record on All-Weather favs stands at 25 from 64 (39.1% SR) and a £10 bet on each would have made you £149.30 profit at an ROI of 23.3%, including...
- 15/33 (45.5%) for 14.33pts (+43.4%) on 2/3 yr olds
- 12/28 (42.9%) for 15pts (+53.7%) on Polytrack
- 11/31 (35.5%) for 5.74pts (+18.5%) at Class 6
- 9/22 (40.9%) for 5.91pts (+26.8%) on 3 yr olds
- and 5/11 (45.5%) for 3.16pts (+28.7%) in 3yo contests
...whilst on 2/3 yr olds at Class 6 on Polytrack, he is 3/7 (42.9% SR) 5.19pts (+74.1% ROI).
And finally, back to trainer Paul Cole, whose runners are 10 from 53 (18.9% SR) for 111.6pts (+210.6% ROI) over trips of 9.5 to 12 furlongs during the past 12 months and this include of note/relevance today...
- 7/38 (18.4%) for 56.7pts (+149.1%) with 3 yr olds
- 5/21 (23.8%) for 35pts (+166.8%) over trips of 1m3f to 1m4f
- 4/11 (36.4%) for 32.6pts (+296.6%) with Rossa Ryan in the saddle
- 4/9 (44.4%) for 31.4pts (+348.7%) at Class 6
- and 3/12 (25%) for 79.3pts (+661.1%) on the All-Weather...
...and with 3 yr olds winning 4 of 19 (21% SR) for 31.56pts (+166.1% ROI) over trips of 11/12 furlongs...
...I'm happy to place... a 1pt win bet on Celtic Classic @ 10/3 BOG as was quite widely available at 5.10pm on Sunday with Stoke City's backers Bet365 offering a little bit more. To see what your preferred bookie is quoting...
...click here for the betting on the 7.30 Kempton
Don't forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
Here is today's racecard
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that's unclear, please ask!