Thursday's pick was...
2.05 Pontefract : Victory Chime @ 11/4 BOG WON at 2/1 (Made all, ridden and ran on, winning by 2.5 lengths easing down)
Friday's pick runs in the...
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Normally, I'll identify and share the selection between 8.00am and 8.30am and I then add a more detailed write-up later within an hour or so of going "live".
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can't give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Laafy @ 3/1 BOG
...in the 6-runner, Listed, Eqtidaar Godolphin Stakes for 3yo+ over 1m4f on Good ground worth £17,013 to the winner...
Like yesterday, we'll start with the horse's suitability for today's conditions as highlighted in the Shortlist report, where green is good and grey is unproven/unknown...
And here's how the colours translate into numbers. From a Flat record of 4 wins from 11 starts (36.4% SR), this 4yr old gelding is...
- 4/9 (44.4%) over trips of 1m2f to 1m6f
- 4/8 (50%) in fields of 10 runners or less
- 3/7 (42.9%) wearing a visor
- 3/6 (50%) when not the favourite
- 2/5 (40%) over this 1m4f trip
- 2/4 (50%) in August/September
- 1/2 (50%) on Good ground
- and also 1/2 (50%) in non-handicaps
Next we turn to the racecard itself...
...which shows a well-drawn, 4 yr old gelding in decent form and rated top on our Speed Ratings. His yard and jockey are both also in good nick as denoted by the 14 & 30 icons, whilst rider Ryan Moore has a good long term record at this venue C5 (full details of all those numbers can be seen by clicking the trainer or jockey form boxes).
What I want to focus on are the two subsequent reports relating to the trainer/jockey combo and the sire stats. So, in that same order, we can see that Messrs Stoute and Moore have been amongst the winners of late, but more long term in decent races, they have done very well with favoured horses, as in...
...from which, those 53 are...
- 26/49 (53.1%) on the Flat
- 21/36 (58.3%) were placed LTO
- 13/23 (56.5%) from 4 yr olds
- 11/21 (52.4%) won LTO
- 10/18 (55.6%) at 1m4f
- 10/16 (62.5%) in fields of 6 runners
- 7/12 (58.3%) on Good ground
- 6/10 (60%) in Listed contests
- 6/8 (75%) stepping up a class
- 4/6 (66.6%) in races worth £17k-£20k
- and 3/3 (100%) with runners rated (OR) 95-105
And now to those Sire Staying numbers, where I want to focus on this angle...
...which has produced...
- 7/20 (35%) from males & 6/14 (42.9%) on the Flat
- 6/9 (66.6%) at odds shorter than 5/1 & 4/11 (36.4%) over a 1m4f trip
- 4/10 (40%) from 4 yr olds & 4/6 (66.6%) from horses rated (OR) 100-110
- 3/6 (50%) in non-handicaps & 3/3 (100%) in races worth £13-25k
- 2/5 (40%) in fields of 3-6 runners & 2/5 (40%) in September
- 2/4 (50%) on Good ground & 2/3 (66.6%) at Class 1
- 1/1 (100%) in Listed contests & 1/1 (100%) at Newmarket
...all of which led me to... a 1pt win bet on Laafy @ 3/1 BOG as was available at 8.00am Friday, but as always please check your own BOG status (*some firms are not BOG until later in the morning). To see a small sample of odds offered on this race...
Don't forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS