Thursday's Pick was...
8.45 Chelmsford : Sonnet Rose @ 3/1 BOG 5th at 13/8 (Off the pace towards rear, still plenty to do 2f out, headway on outside over 1f out, hampered inside final furlong, kept on, too much to do)
Friday's pick runs in the...
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I'll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day's race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can't give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Zeshov @ 11/4 or 3/1 BOG
In a 9-runner, Class 5, 1m Flat Handicap for 3yo+ on Good ground, worth £3752 to the winner...
This 7 yr old gelding actually won this very race two years ago, when also down as carrying 9st 7lbs and more recently was only beaten by a head last time out. That was also over this course and distance, when he was nailed in the final strides 8 days ago. He runs off the same mark again today, so jockey Jamie Gormley's 3lb claim might just make all the difference here.
Jamie is riding well at present, winning 10 of his 54 rides (18.5% SR) over the last 4 weeks recording profits of 17.4pts at an ROI of 32.3% if anyone was backing him blindly and of those 54 rides, he is...
- 9/48 (18.75%) for 19.2pts (+40.1%) on the Flat
- 10/47 (21.3%) for 24.4pts (+52%) in handicaps
- 9/41 (22%) for 26.2pts (+64%) in Flat handicaps
- 6/29 (20.7%) for 16.3pts (+56.3%) in Scotland
- 6/26 (23.1%) for 19.3pts (+74.3%) in Flat handicaps run in Scotland
- 5/18 (27.8%) for 13.2pts (+73.6%) at Class 5
- 5/11 (45.5%) for 20.2pts (+184%) in Class 5 Flat handicaps
- and 3/6 (50%) for 12.7pts (+211.3%) in Class 5 Flat handicaps run in Scotland!
I said that Zeshov won this race two years ago and narrowly failed over C&D last time out and these two runs form part of his 2 wins & 2 places from 5 runs at Musselburgh in total, including 2 wins, 2 places from four over this 1m course and distance : all at Class 5.
Now onto our trainer, Rebecca Bastiman, for she has done well here at this venue of late, seeing her horses win 10 of 45 (22.2% SR) handicaps over the last two seasons generating level stakes profits of 21.8pts (+48.6% ROI) and of these runners, who are all males by the way...
- in fields of 6-10 runners : 9/34 (26.5%) for 26.9pts (+79.2%)
- those rated (OR) 55-85 are 10/30 (33.3%) for 36.9pts (+123%)
- 6-9 yr olds are 9/25 (36%) for 38.1pts (+152.4%)
- at odds of 6/1 and shorter : 9/25 (36%) for 22.8pts (+91.2%)
- 6-20 days since last run : 6/22 (27.3%) for 22.2pts (+101%)
- won or beaten by less than 4L LTO : 7/18 (38.9%) for 17.6pts (+97.5%)
- at Class 5 : 4/15 (26.7%) for 6.87pts (+45.8%)
- and 7 yr olds are 3/9 (33.3%) for 6.83pts (+75.9%)
AND...from the above...6-9 yr olds rated 55-85 at odds of 6/1 and shorter in fields of 6-10 runners are 7/12 (58.3% SR) for 26.1pts (+217.8% ROI).
Although jockey Jamie Gormley has never actually ridden on this track for trainer Rebecca Bastiman before, the partnership has 3 wins from 8 (37.5% SR) for 5.83pts (+72.9% ROI) profit in Class 4/5 handicaps in Scotland this year, with a further 3 of the 5 losers making the frame...
...all pointing to... a 1pt win bet on Zeshov @ 11/4 or 3/1 BOG, prices offered by SkyBet & Bet365 respecively as of 5.45pm on Thursday evening. I will, of course, be settling at 11/4 BOG,. To see what your preferred bookie will give you...
Don't forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that's unclear, please ask!