Tuesday's pick was...
3.25 Taunton : Seeanythingyoulike @ 7/2 BOG 7th at 7/2 (Chased leaders, awkward 5th, weakened before 4 out)
Friday's pick runs in the...
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I'll identify and share the selection between 8.00am and 8.15am and I then add a more detailed write-up later within an hour or so of going "live".
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can't give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Cautious Approach @ 7/2 BOG
...in a 13-runner, A/W Handicap for 4yo+ over 1m4f on polytrack worth 7,080 Euros to the winner...
Firstly a caveat, Irish racing isn't really my thing, but stats are stats, I suppose! And the show must go on where possible.
So I'm going with 5 yr old mare who has four wins and two places from her last nine starts including finishing third when beaten by just two necks over course and distance in a better race than this one. She runs at the same mark today, but has the benefit of a jockey claiming three pounds, so I expect another good run from her.
Her record here at Dundalk is good at 4/11 (36.4% SR) for 38.9pts (+353.7% ROI) including of note today...
- 4/9 (44.4%) for 40.9pts (+454.5%) in races worth the equivalent of £4-8k
- 3/9 (33.3%) for 33.1pts (+368%) in handicaps
- 3/7 (42.9%) for 35.1pts (+502%) in fields of more than 10 runners
- 3/6 (50%) for 36.1pts (+602%) in the last 180 days
- 3/6 (50%) for 15.35pts (+255.8%) after a top 3 finish LTO
- 2/3 (66.6%) for 33.3pts (+1111%) in Feb/March
- 2/3 (66.6%) for 9.4pts (+312%) at odds of 4/1 and shorter
- 1/3 (33.3%) for 25.6pts (+851.7%) over this 1m4f course and distance
- and 1/2 950%) for 26.6pts (+1328%) under today's jockey, Donagh O'Connor...
...who himself is in good touch right now, having ridden four winners from seven (51.7% SR) for 32pts (+457.4% ROI) over the past three weeks, including 3 from 3 at 1m2.5f-1m4f and 2 from 2 for today's trainer, Richard John O'Brien...
...whose 4 to 7 yr old handicappers are 12 from 68 (17.7% SR) for 56.6pts (+83.3% ROI) here at Dundalk, including of relevance here...
- 10/53 (18.9%) for 31.1pts (+58.6%) in races worth the equivalent of £4-8k
- 10/38 (26.3%) for 69.8pts (+183.7%) at 11-30 dslr
- 8/35 (22.9%) for 41.4pts (+118.2%) during the first quarter of the year
- 7/43 (16.3%) for 21.9pts (+50.9%) in fields of 13/14 runners
- 6/16 (37.5%) for 15.3pts (+95.6%) at odds of 5/2 to 5/1
- 4/15 (26.7%) for 28.5pts (+189.9%) over 1m2.5f to 1m4f
- 4/12 (33.3%) for 32.5pts (+270.8%) with female runners
- 3/7 (42.9%) for 13.1pts (+187.3%) with those placed third LTO
- 2/5 (40%) for 27.5pts (+550%) this year
- and 2/3 (66.6%) 29.5pts (+982.9%) using jockey Donagh O'Connor...
...all of which suggests...a 1pt win bet on Cautious Approach @ 7/2 BOG as was available from 888Sport, Unibet & Hills at 8.30am Friday with plenty of 10/3 BOG elsewhere, but as always please check your BOG status. To see what your preferred bookie is quoting...
Don't forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that's unclear, please ask!