Wednesday's Result :
2.50 Bangor : Midnight Tour @ 4/1 BOG 3rd at 7/1 In touch, headway 3 out, chased leaders next, kept on same pace closing stages, beaten by 2.75 lengths.
Next up is Thursday's...
7.25 Chelmsford :
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I'll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day's race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can't give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Miracle Garden @ 7/2 BOG
A Class 5, 3yo+, A/W Handicap over a mile on Polytrack worth £5,175 to the winner.
Featuring a 5 yr old gelding who arrives here in decent nick having finished 132 in his last three outings and was only held off by a neck last time out. That was here at Chelmsford a week ago over 7f when staying on well and finishing strongest.
The winning line came fractionally too soon for him that day, so I expect the extra furlong to help him here in his bid to improve an already decent looking return of 5 wins from 22 (22.7% SR) on the A/W, including...
- 5 wins & 4 places from 13 at Classes 5 & 6
- 4 wins & 3 places from 7 in September to November
- 2 wins & 3 places from 6 on Polytrack
- and 2 wins and a place from four 12/13 runner races.
His trainer, Ian Williams, has had 8 winners from 27 (29.6% SR) runners in Class 5/6 contests here at Chelmsford to date and a simple £10 bet on each would have produced £92.10 profit, not earth shattering, but (a) enough for a night out and more importantly (b) an ROI of 34.1%!
Of these 27 lower grade runners here...
- males are 8/23 (34.8%) for 13.21pts (+57.4%)
- at trips of 7 to 10 furlongs : 7/20 (35%) for 4.09pts (+20.45%)
- finished 2nd, 3rd or 4th LTO : 6/11 (54.5%) for 10.54pts (+95.8%)
AND...his lower grade males running over 7 to 10 furlongs here after a losing top 4 finish LTO are 6/9 (66.6% SR) for 12.54pts (+139.4%)
Yet, for as impressive as the above numbers might be, they do lack the usual SotD meatiness of sample size, so I'll divert you to the fact that this one is turned back out pretty quickly after last Thursday's defeat, because this is one of Ian Williams' preferred methods, as since the start of 2011, his runners who have rested for less than 10 days are 107/436 (24.5% SR) for 147.1pts (+33.7% ROI), of which...
- handicappers are 93/356 (26.1%) for 185.7pts (+52.2%)
- on the A/W : 38/178 (21.4%) for 109.7pts (+61.6%)
- and in A/W handicaps : 33/153 (21.6%) for 115.5pts (+75.5%)
...and from the above 153 quickly turned around A/W handicappers...
- those running on Polytrack are 27/111 (24.3%) for 87pts (+78.4%)
- those finishing 2nd, 3rd or 4th LTO are 21/73 (28.8%) for 34.8pts (+47.7%)
- those racing against 11 or 12 opponents are 11/39 (28.2%) for 106.8pts (+273.7%)
- and here at Chelmsford : 4/9 (44.4%) for 5.23pts (+58.1%)
...all of which gives us... a 1pt win bet on Miracle Garden @ 7/2 BOG which was available from Bet365 & Betwayat 5.40pm on Wednesday. To see what your preferred bookie is offering, simply...
...click here for the betting on the 7.25 Chelmsford
Don't forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
Here is today's racecard
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that's unclear, please ask!