Thursday's Pick was...
12.45 Southwell : Azari @ 11/4 BOG WON at 4/1 (Made all, quickened 3 lengths clear 3f out, ran on unchallenged to win by 7 lengths)
Friday's pick runs in the...
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I'll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day's race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can't give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
A Sure Welcome @ 7/2 BOG
...in a 10-runner, Class 5, 4yo+ A/W Handicap over 6f on tapeta worth £3752 to the winner...
This 5 yr old gelding was only beaten by a short head last time out, when running over this very same course and distance 25 days ago, finishing 2 lengths clear of The Golden Cue, who went on to win over 6f last week.
That result took our boy's career figures to 6 wins and 4 places from 18 starts on the A/W with the 33.3% win strike rate generating level stakes profits of 43.9pts at an ROI of some 243.7%, all in handicaps. With regards to this contest, those figures include...
- 6/17 (35.3%) for 44.9pts (+264.1%) in fields of 10-14 runners
- 4/13 (30.8%) for 27.3pts (+210.1%) here at Wolverhampton
- 4/9 (44.4%) for 35.67pts (+396.3%) after a break of just 11-25 days
- and 2/5 (40%) for 18.1pts (+362%) with the above three conditions all in play together
His suitability for the task ahead is backed up by the fact he and his fellow offspring of the sire Pastoral Pursuits (who himself had 6 wins and 2 places from 8 at 6/7 furlongs, including winning a Group 1) are 40 from 170 (23.5% SR) for 108.9pts (64.1% ROI) when sent off at odds of 6/4 to 12/1 over 5f to a mile on Tapeta and these include of relevance today...
- in fields of 8-14 runners : 37/154 (24%) for 105.6pts (+68.6%)
- in handicaps : 32/146 (21.9%) for 102.8pts (+70.4%)
- competing for less than £4,000 : 34/135 (25.2%) for 110.4pts (+81.8%)
- males : 28/125 (22.4%) for 88.5pts (+70.8%)
- over the last 3yrs : 31/121 (25.6%) for 103.6pts (+85.6%)
- 1-25 days since last run : 30/111 (27%) for 84.8pts (+76.4%)
- top 3 finish LTO : 22/69 (31.9%) for 61.8pts (+89.6%)
- Class 5 : 17/63 (27%) for 54.5pts (+86.5%)
- over 6f : 13/59 (22%) for 46.8pts (+79.4%)
- 5/6 yr olds : 17/55 (30.9%) for 41.4pts (+75.2%)
- off a mark of 70-80 : 14/45 (31.1%) for 38.6pts (+85.8%)
...giving us a 1pt win bet on A Sure Welcome @ 7/2 BOG as was offered by a half dozen or so firms at 5.50pm on Thursday evening, although those with an unrestricted Coral account could get an extra half point if they were lucky/quick. To see what your preferred bookie is quoting...
Don't forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that's unclear, please ask!