Tiger Roll will be a given a “full MOT” next week following his disappointing outing at Cheltenham on Friday.
The dual Grand National winner was pulled up in the Glenfarclas Cross Country Handicap Chase, with jockey Robbie Power reporting afterwards Gordon Elliott’s star was “never travelling” and connections voicing their concern that age might be catching with the Gigginstown House Stud-owned 10-year-old.
As well has his Aintree heroics, Tiger Roll also has a remarkable four Cheltenham Festival victories to his credit.
Elliott wrote on Twitter on Saturday morning: “Tiger travelled back safely last night and is out with The Storyteller today. Our vet checked him over and is happy but he’ll get a full M.O.T next week.
“He’s still a horse of a lifetime!
Other Recent Posts by This Author:
- Altior could potentially take in Peterborough Chase, should race be rescheduled
- Harry Skelton enjoys afternoon to savour with Grade One double
- Doing Fine refuses to be denied London National honours
- Andy Dufresne keeps unbeaten record over fences intact
- Aintree and Sandown delighted to welcome Saturday crowds