Wednesday’s evening fixtures at Bath and Kempton have been switched to earlier starts to avoid clashing with England’s Euro 2020 semi-final against Denmark.
The crunch clash at Wembley kicks off at 8pm, with Bath initially scheduled to race until 8.35pm and Kempton’s last contest programmed for 8.50pm.
However, following applications from the owners of both tracks, Arena Racing Company and Jockey Club Racecourses respectively, both cards will now be completed before the game kicks off, with Bath’s last race at 7.35pm and Kempton’s closer at 7.45pm.
A statement from the British Horseracing Authority said: “Having received applications from both the Jockey Club and Arena Racing Company, the BHA has approved the alteration of race times at both Kempton Park and Bath on Wednesday evening to avoid a clash with England’s Euro 2020 semi-final match against Denmark.
“We wish Gareth Southgate and the England team the best of luck.”
Other Recent Posts by This Author:
- Champions Stakes surprise has bookmakers celebrating
- Glounthaune gives immediate boost to Dewhurst form
- ‘Beyond my wildest dreams’ – long season pays ultimate dividend for Murphy
- Alcohol Free one of the highlights for Murphy in another championship season
- Glorious scenes at Ascot as Sheikh Hamdan’s silks record famous hat-trick