Saturday's pick was...
6.30 Southwell : Charlie D @ 10/3 BOG WON at 9/4 (Made all, clear from 2f out, ridden over 1f out, stayed on strongly and won unchallenged by 2.5 lengths)
Monday's pick runs in the...
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I'll identify and share the selection between 8.00am and 8.15am and I then add a more detailed write-up later within an hour or so of going "live".
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can't give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
Casual Cavalier @ 4/1 BOG
...in a 7-runner, Class 4, Handicap Chase for 4yo+ over 2m3½f on heavy ground worth £4,809 to the winner...
This 12 yr old gelding was a winner last time out when scoring at today's class and trip under today's jockey on soft ground at relatively nearby Catterick 31 days ago and despite going up in weight, he still runs off a winnable mark today.
He now has 6 wins and 6 further places from 23 efforts over fences and today's conditions look ideal for him as those 23 races have yielded...
- 6 wins, 5 places from 17 at odds of Evens to 5/1
- 5 wins, 6 places from 20 at Class 4
- 5 wins, 6 places from 19 in cheekpieces
- 5 wins, 4 places from 14 after less than 5 weeks rest
- 5 wins, 4 places from 14 off a mark (OR) of 100-110
- 5 wins, 3 places from 11 at trips of 2m½f to 2m4f
- and 2 wins, 2 places from 6 on heavy ground
...and Casual Cavalier is 4 from 6 (66.6% SR) for 12.12pts (+202% ROI) when sent off at Evs to 5/1 wearing cheekpieces in a Class 4 chase over a trip of 2m½f to 2m4f off a mark of 100-110 after less than five weeks rest, including 2 from 2 for 4.81pts on heavy ground.
His trainer Tristan Davidson has had an excellent last couple of years and has been profitably follow blindly across all three (Flat, A/W & NH) disciplines, a feat rarely achieved, but we're obviously just going to look at his record in this code today, because...
...his NH runners are 22 from 72 (30.6% SR) for 52.33pts (+72.7% ROI) over those last two years and here are just 10 of the ways he got those winners under conditions faced today...
- 21/61 (34.4%) for 59.8pts (+98%) in races worth less than £8,000
- 20/62 (32.3%) for 49.9pts (+80.5%) from male runners
- 20/52 (38.5%) for 64.4pts (+123.8%) within 65 days of their last run
- 18/60 (30%) for 50.9pts (+84.9%) with Harry Reed in the saddle
- 18/41 (43.9%) for 30.8pts (+75.1%) at odds of 5/1 and shorter
- 16/54 (29.6%) for 31.7pts (+58.7%) in handicaps
- 12/32 (37.5%) for 51.1pts (+159.8%) over trips of 2m½f to 2m6f
- 12/32 (37.5%) for 32.6pts (+101.9%) at Class 4
- 6/11 (54.6%) for 25.6pts (+232.4%) during March to April
- and 5/14 (35.7%) for 8pts (+57.1%) over fences...
...whilst males sent off at Evens to 5/1 under Harry Reed for less than £8k within 65 days of their last run are 12 from 19 (63.2% SR) for 34.4pts (+181.1% ROI), including...
- 10 from 16 in handicaps
- 8 from 12 at Class 4
- 6 from 8 over 2m½f to 2m6f
- 5 from 5 in March/April
- and 3 from 7 over fences...
...giving us...a 1pt win bet on Casual Cavalier @ 4/1 BOG as was available from BetVictor, Hills & Unibet at 8.00am Monday, with plenty of 7/2 elsewhere but as always please check your BOG status. To see what your preferred bookie is quoting...
Don't forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that's unclear, please ask!