Friday's pick was...
2.50 Ffos Las : Royal Residence @ 3/1 BOG 3rd at 5/1 (Chased leaders, effort over 1f out, led inside final furlong, headed towards finish)
Saturday's pick runs in the...
Before I post the daily selection, just a quick reminder of how I operate the service. Generally, I'll identify and share the selection in the evening before the following day's race and I then add a detailed write-up later on that night/next morning.
Those happy to take the early price on trust can do so, whilst some might prefer to wait for my reasoning. As I fit the early service in around my family life, I can't give an exact timing on the posts, so I suggest you follow us on Twitter and/or Facebook for instant notifications of a published pick.
River Icon @ 9/2 BOG
...in an 8-runner, Class 4, Mares Handicap Hurdle for 4yo+ over 2m6f on Good to Soft/Soft ground worth £4,289 to the winner...
This 7 yr old mare comes here off the back of a win at Perth last time out, 24 days ago and is a former course and distance winner, having won this very race back in 2017.
Her trainer Iain Jardine is 4 from 15 over the last fortnight, which is useful and since the start of 2017 in UK handicap hurdle contests, his runners sent off at 6/4 to 10/1 after winning another hcp hurdle LTO are 5 from 9 (55.6% SR) for 21.4pts (+237.9% ROI), including...
- 3/5 (60%) for 9.865pts (+197%) at Class 4
- 3/4 (75%) for 20.3pts (+507.5%) from females
- 2/3 (66.6%) for 3.82pts (+127.3%) from 7 yr olds
Moreover, Iain's handicap hurdlers priced at 7/4 to 12/1 on Good to Soft/Soft ground are 13/66 (19.7% SR) for 27.1pts (+41.1% ROI) since 2015, from which the following are relevant today...
- 12/55 (21.8%) for 34.64pts (+63%) from 4-7 yr olds
- 12/54 (22.2%) for 26.26pts (+48.6%) at 25-140 miles from home
- 11/40 (27.5%) for 46.55pts (+116.4%) at 11-60 dslr
- 8/39 (20.5%) for 11.66pts (+29.9%) at Class 4
- 8/30 (26.7%) for 42.37pts (+141.2%) at 2m1f to 2m6f
- 8/29 (27.6%) for 18.05pts (+62.3%) in fields of 4-8 runners
- 7/27 (25.9%) for 28.67pts (+106.2%) from females
- 7/18 (38.9%) for 31.46pts (+174.8%) after a top 2 finish LTO
- 5/15 (33.3%) for 27.5pts (+183.3%) in female only races
- and 2/6 (33.3%) for 3.95pts (+65.8%) from previous C&D winners..
...whilst 4-7 yr olds racing on tracks 25-140 miles from home, 11-60 days after their last run are 10/33 (30.3% SR) for 40.82pts at an ROI of 123.7%...
...giving us... a 1pt win bet on River Icon @ 9/2 BOG as was available from Bet365 & Coral at 5.45pm on Friday. To see what your preferred bookie is quoting...
Don't forget, we offer a full interactive racecard service every day!
REMINDER: THERE IS NO STAT OF THE DAY ON SUNDAYS
P.S. all P/L returns quoted in the stats above are to Betfair SP, as I NEVER bet to ISP and neither should you. I always use BOG bookies for SotD, wherever possible, but I use BFSP for the stats as it is the nearest approximation I can give, so I actually expect to beat the returns I use to support my picks. If that's unclear, please ask!